Every year you, our members, have an opportunity get involved in the
chapter by running for office, either for your local group or for our
chapter. All Massachusetts Sierra Club members are invited to submit
their names for nomination to the Massachusetts Chapter Executive
Committee (ExCom) and the executive committee of their groups (Greater
Boston, Cape Cod and Islands, and Thoreau Groups). The ExCom of the
chapter and each group serves as its board of directors, establishing
priorities, goals, strategies, and policies.
To submit your name to the nominating committee, please contact the
nominating committee of the chapter or group as soon as possible or
contact the Sierra Club Office
for copies of petition forms or more information.
Chapter Election Schedule
- July 22, 2012 – ExCom appoints Nominating and Election Committees
- Sept. 1 – Notice of the election to members.
- Sept. 15 – Petition Candidate deadline
- Sept. 16 – Ballot Statements due
- September 27 – Obtain election mailing list
- Oct. 1 – Election materials sent to members
- December 10 – Ballots must be received before this date.
- December 13 – Ballots counted at chapter office, 3:00 pm.